Dental Myths, Facts and Oddities – 6 Quick Tips
- Soft Bristled Tooth Brushes are best for brushing because they do not cause gingival recession
- Ignore Handle Shapes – the neck of the brush has little effect on overall results. Time and technique are what matter most.
- Electric is not necessarily better. They are potentially easier to use, but there is no proven data to show that they clean better.
- Replace brush after illness. Reused brushes can have microbial build-up leading to reinfection
- Don’t brush too hard. Over-brushing erodes enamel, irritates the gums and causes increased sensitivity.
- Sugar-Free gum does help! This gum washes away plaque acid, leading to healthier teeth.